20240322

Thank you Windows Copilot answering me questions about taxes that no human around me could answer me.

Since I moved I had the following questions unanswered. 


I'm a self employed and I was living in Quebec during 2023 until October. I want to declare my taxes. 

How do I declare my personal taxes and business taxes?

Do I need to make 2 declaration (Federal and Provincial) for personal and 2 declaration for business? 

What is the best approach to this?


So I asked that to Copilot and it's just revealing how well, short and better explain it to me than any human that I was asking... even accountants. I pass more than 5 different accountants and they didn't got to help as this. So here is the answer and I let it here for reference.


As a self-employed individual in Québec, you’ll need to declare both your personal income and your business income. Let’s break down the process:

  1. Personal Taxes:

    • For your personal taxes, you’ll need to file a federal tax return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). This includes reporting any employment income, investment income, and other personal income.
    • Use the T1 General Income Tax and Benefit Return form for your federal return. You can file it online through the CRA’s website or use tax software.
    • Make sure to include any applicable tax credits and deductions.
  2. Business Taxes:

    • As a self-employed person, you’ll also need to report your business income and expenses. This is done separately from your personal taxes.
    • File a T2125 – Statement of Business or Professional Activities form as part of your federal tax return. This form details your business income, expenses, and other relevant information.
    • Additionally, if you were a Québec resident during 2023, you’ll need to file a TP-80 – Business or Professional Income and Expenses form with Revenu Québec. This form specifically covers your business income and expenses for the provincial tax purposes.
  3. Approach:

    • You’ll need to make two separate declarations:
      • One for your personal taxes (federal) using the T1 General form.
      • Another for your business income (both federal and provincial) using the T2125 and TP-80 forms.
    • Keep your personal and business finances separate. Maintain accurate records of your business transactions, receipts, and expenses.
    • Consider using accounting software or hiring a professional accountant to help you manage your business finances and ensure compliance with tax regulations.
  4. Deadlines:

    • The deadline for filing your personal taxes is April 30 of each year.
    • For your business income, the deadline may vary. Check the CRA and Revenu Québec websites for specific due dates.

Remember, accurate reporting and keeping clear records are essential. Consult with a tax professional to ensure you’re meeting all your obligations and maximizing any available tax benefits. 📊💼 1: Revenu Québec - Self-Employed Persons 2: National Bank - How To Fill Self-Employed Income Tax in Canada? 


So yeah. Thank you AI. 


No comments: